I noticed a pattern yesterday during meal times where the little one would start going a little crazy and then the older one would keep him going crazy. I figured the tired parents could use a little extra help, so I decided I'd position myself high in the kitchen for today's events. The funniest thing was that the little girl didn't even think to look for me in there! I didn't hear any alarm go off or anything, but heard her little footsteps at about 6:30 this morning, apparently on the hunt for me. Not too long after she got up, her mother came downstairs and was informed that I was nowhere to be found. Morgan insisted that I must be in Bennett's room. Ha! I've really got her fooled!Morgan said she was sure she would know it was me when she saw me because she remembered what I looked like. She described me as being a "little guy holding a candy cane with peppermint legs, green and white shoes and a hat like Santa". Now, I'm not sure who she's calling "little guy". I mean, I'm considered on the tall side in the North Pole. Sure, my legs are a little gangly, but that doesn't make me a "little guy"! Anyway, I am really holding a gingerbread cookie that's shaped like a candy cane, but I'll cut her some slack. Her Dad thought I was holding a hockey stick!! I mean, seriously?? Yeah, I'm gonna break some teeth while I'm here! *snarl* Just call me little guy again and you'll see what I mean. :) Oh, and Paige said she didn't remember whether or not I was wearing a hat. What kind of elf does she think I am?? Morgan informed her that I had a hat like Santa because Santa sent me here. Which, is close, but not quite the truth. The fact is, we elves are standard issued these hats from the time we are just specks of dust. Santa just wears one like us because he thought we looked so cool. He's always asking us how it looks on him and asking if he should also wear the red and white striped tights. That is a sight none of us need to see, so we just appease him with a "you look great, Santa, don't change a thing!" I hate to have to set her straight, with as much as she obviously things of the "big guy" (now, he really *is* big).
Anyhow, the day has gone fairly well so far. After finding me this morning, Morgan sat down to some pancakes at the table. As her mom was leaving to go wake up her brother, she wished me a "good morning" and giggled that I was hard to find today. She even called me tricky, so I must be doing a good job. The kids ate a good breakfast this morning, although I thought it was peculiar that Bennett insisted on having cereal. I mean, he's only 19 months old, after all. Oh, and he insisted on having Special K with berries instead of cheerios. Ummm, okay little man! Lunch went well too, I could tell that Morgan was being on her best behavior because she kept looking up at me and smiling. And she keeps asking her mom if she can make something for me. Something I'll really like. Because apparently, she's not above bribery.That's all for now. The kids are napping and I'm hoping the mom will lay on the couch long enough to pass out so that I can sit down and take a little breather.
No comments:
Post a Comment